Liana Vesga, M.D.
Dr. Vesga is a native New Yorker and has completed most of her education in the Northeast. However, after falling in love with San Francisco following a trip she took in high school, she made her way to the Bay Area for her gastroenterology fellowship at the University of California at San Francisco. Despite loving New York, the Bay Area’s natural beauty and great lifestyle won her over and she decided to settle in the area and join East Bay Center for Digestive Health. She enjoys treating all aspects of gastroenterology and focused her training on inflammatory bowel disease which she maintains a special interest in. She is dedicated to providing comprehensive care and education to all her patients. She also enjoys the opportunity to teach medical students and residents at Highland General Hospital/Alameda County Medical Center.
When not practicing medicine, she enjoys exploring the Bay Area with her children, biking, hiking, and cooking.
Areas of Interest: Inflammatory bowel disease and the full range of general gastroenterology with expertise in diagnostic/therapeutic procedures including colonoscopy, endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography, and endoscopy.
- College: Boston University, Boston, MA
- Medical School: University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Residency: Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Fellowship: University of California San Francisco, San Francisco CA
- Board Certification:
- Gastroenterology, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
300 Frank Ogawa Plaza, Suite 450
Oakland CA 94612